Tailored ‘one to one’ and group workshops
I offer individually tailored one to one or small group workshops to photographers looking to improve their work, advance their knowledge and learn more about my enthusiastic approach to photography
The beauty of tailored workshops is that they can be arranged for a day that suits you and you’ll receive my undivided attention throughout. They are suitable for beginners looking to learn more about their digital camera and landscape photography but also for experienced photographers who are perhaps looking to advance their understanding of composition, post-processing and getting the most from a location. My one to one workshops are typically ran in North Yorkshire where we can visit a variety of locations that I frequent for my own work.
The topics we cover are dependant upon your experience and personal requirements but some examples include:
- Composition – methods for seeing and capturing compelling images
- Thought process – how to read the landscape and use light and conditions
- Post-processing in Adobe Lightroom CC – workflow, technique and thought process
- Exposure – aperture, shutter speed, ISO and using the histogram
- Shooting modes and the advantages of capturing RAW
- Use of filters and bracketing exposures
- Panoramas – how to capture and process
Each day will last a minimum of 8 hours and includes transport throughout the day and lunch. Multiple day workshops or groups of 2-4 can be arranged upon request.
- £375 for 1 person
£475 for 2 people
Groups of 3 or 4 quoted upon request.
- Lunch and refreshments
Transport during the workshop
Breakfast if staying at the B&B
- Transport to the location
- Various areas in North Yorkshire
- Group size
- 1 or groups of 2-4 on request
- Single and multiple days available
“The time I spent on your workshop last weekend may well prove to be one of the most profitable, rewarding and long-lasting investments I have made.”
“Simon has really nailed the workshop format with a completely client focused experience.”
Bed & Breakfast accommodation
Many of my clients travel from further afield and therefore require somewhere to stay prior to the workshop, so I work closely with a wonderful bed and breakfast that makes a perfect base for easy access to a variety of locations. We’ll be able to shoot from dawn and then return to the B&B for a natter over a hearty cooked breakfast, fuelled and ready for the rest of the day.
Single occupancy: £70 per night. Please enquire for availability and other options.